DOT 406 A-Train
Quality and Craftsmanship
The Mueller DOT 406 1 and 2-compartment refined fuel tank trailer is designed and built in the Paul Mueller Company A.S.M.E. production plant located in Springfield, Missouri, USA. Our DOT 406 1 and 2-compartment tank trailer is built not only to meet DOT 406 regulations and all other related code requirements, but to exceed customer expectations with respect to quality in design and production.
Our design team uses the latest in 3D modeling software and performs Finite Element Analysis on each design to ensure a tank trailer that will exceed customer expectations for trailer life.
Meeting Customer Needs Is Paramount
At Mueller, we put a premium on meeting the expressed needs of our customers. To meet the need for increased road stability for the driver and increased public safety, we developed our elliptical, double-tapered, low profile (multi-compartment) petroleum tank trailers built with one of the lowest (overall height) tank trailers on the market. To improve the customers bottom line, we designed a lightweight trailer. A lighter trailer means greater product capacity for our customer.
- The A-Train Lead Refined Fuel Tank Trailer is an elliptical, double tapered, low-profile, 9,500 US gallon, 4-compartment aluminum trailer. Compartment sizes are 3500//2000//1000//3000, all double bulkheads with a minimum of 3% outage. Can be configured to your specifications.
- Heavy duty shell and head/baffle aluminum DOT 406 code material and heavy duty extruded aluminum outriggers for durability.
- A tandem or tri-axle suspension with 23,000 lb. rated axles with 77 1/2" track and OAW of 102" mounted on an extruded aluminum sub-frame for a weight savings. In addition, galvanized bolt on hangers and pintle hook to reduce rusting from the highway salts and chemicals.
- The A-Train Pull Refined Fuel Tank Trailer is an elliptical, double-tapered, low-profile, 5,400 US gallon, 2-compartment aluminum trailer. Compartment sizes are 2700//2700 with double bulkheads with a minimum of 3% outage. Can be configured to your specifications.
- A tandem turntable equipped with a galvanized steel adjustable drawbar including: galvanized hangers, 23,000 lb., rated 77 1/2" track axle suspensions, and safety cable.
- An integrated aluminum rear sub-frame, single 23,000 lb. rated axle with a 77 1/2" track and OAW of 102", bolt-on galvanized hangers.
- Heavy duty ribbed aluminum contoured fenders at front and rear with stainless hardware.
- Equipped with 8" x 21' aluminum hose tubes with various hose trays/hose tubes option.
- Warranty: 5-year warranty on barrel; components warranted by supplier.